About this item:
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support
- NIX THE LATENCY - The NIX video capture card's HDMI pass-through port streams and records your most essential business meetings without adding latency. Easily connect your DSLR to your Mac or PC. You'll never need to stress how your capture setup will affect your performance. Compete, record, and live capture in full HD at 1080p 60Hz
- MAX PERFORMANCE - The lowest resource usage around, this video capture device doesn't waste precious memory capacity or processor/graphics card performance to capture your live broadcast or gaming footage. Works with popular software streaming solutions such as OBS, Zoom, YouTube and Google Meet
- PLATFORM DETAILS - Includes USB 3.0 and USB-C cables to capture, stream, and record with most modern Windows, macOS*, or Linux systems with USB 3.0 ports (USB 2.0 with reduced quality/performance). Captures HDMI sources without HDCP like Sony, Canon, and Nixon
Whether you’re streaming on Twitch, YouTube Gaming, Mixer, or preparing footage for upload, the Plugable Performance NIX Capture Card features the ability to capture at 1080p and 60 frames per second, a no-latency HDMI display pass through, and low system resource usage.
Record and stream exciting moments, full playthroughs, and more—from popular consoles like the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, or even your PC!
The capture card uses drivers built into modern operating systems (Windows, macOS, and Linux), and works with popular open streaming solutions such as OBS, XSplit, and more. No proprietary bloatware. Minimal system resources required. Game on!
For step-by-step instructions on setting up the capture card with Windows, macOS, or Linux and a wide variety of popular supported sources (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch), and other important information, please view the "Installation Manual.pdf" and "User Guide.pdf" located in the Product Information section of this listing.
Note: The input does not allow recording from HDCP-enabled sources such as Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, older consoles with HDMI output (i.e. PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360), or streaming devices. The PlayStation 4 must have HDCP manually disabled in its settings.
The NIX capture card works with popular software streaming solutions such as OBS, StreamLabs OBS, and XSplit on Windows, macOS, and Linux!
Streaming, capturing, and pass through are supported at a max resolution of 1080p 60Hz (1920x1080 @ 60Hz), via supported streaming platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, or Mixer.
For step-by-step instructions and FAQs about setting up your capture card with Windows, macOS, or Linux, and many popular supported sources, please view the "Installation Manual.pdf" and "User Guide.pdf" located below.
HDMI 1.4 Pass Through with Near-Zero Latency
With 1080p 60Hz (1920x1080 @ 60Hz) HDMI pass through, a splitter is not required for capturing all of your exciting gaming moments.
Plug your console or PC into the HDMI input port, and your display into the HDMI output port, for latency-free and hassle-free pass through. So you won't need an HDMI splitter just to get a video feed to your display.
Note: Monitor modes above 1920x1080 @ 60Hz are not supported via pass through.
Supports USB 3.0 and USB-C Connections
The NIX capture card includes both USB-C and USB 3.0 (USB-A) cables, so you can connect to virtually any modern Windows, macOS*, or Linux system with USB 3.0 (or higher) ports.
USB-A is the traditional rectangular USB port. USB-C is a newer standard with an oblong oval-shaped connector found on more recent computers. Thunderbolt 3 ports also function as USB-C ports.
USB 3.0 is also listed as USB 3.1 (Gen 1)/USB 3.2 (Gen 1) by some computer manufacturers. USB 2.0 connections will limit capture quality.
* Mac systems can be used for recording other platforms but are not compatible as input source.
Plug and Play, Not Proprietary
By utilizing built-in drivers in your operating system for direct capture, you don’t have to take away from battling it out online trying to manage clunky additional software or drivers.
With the lowest resource usage around, the NIX capture card doesn’t waste precious memory capacity or CPU/GPU performance to capture your gaming footage.
The NIX capture card is able to capture HDMI output from popular gaming consoles such as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch!
Note: macOS, and platforms which require High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP), such as Blu-ray/DVD players, Roku, Netflix, etc, are not supported as sources. Older consoles such as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 require HDCP on their HDMI outputs and are not supported.
The capture card uses Frame Rate Up Conversion (FRUC) to take input from the source platform (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4) and upsample the video to 1920x1080 at 60 frames per second. In some cases streamed text may appear smaller in appearance compared to the pass through display.
In the Box
The Plugable NIX HDMI Streaming & Capture Card includes:
1x Plugable Performance NIX Capture Card
1x USB-A 3.0 to USB-A 3.0 Cable
1x USB-C 3.0 to USB-C 3.0 Cable
Quick Start Guide
Note: Pass through requires two HDMI cables (no HDMI cables are included).